Monday, March 15, 2010

DAY 3 - Rottnest Island

Photobucket

today is a super sunny day!
i've experience terrible sunburnt today (but oops! i like it!!).

anyway, in the morning i woke up super late because i had the best sleep last night dreaming of seeing my ex primary school classmate with his best friend in the bus when i'm with my friend and all i remember was i keep going OMG OMG OMG, and the best part?
i dont know why i keep omg -____-

so after getting ready, i kinda rush off to the bus stop and ran to the pier with my junior because I'm pretty afraid I'll be late because all the blame will be on me again if i'm late arrggh.
and i've brought the tickets already so if we are late... ): my $$$$.
the tickets are not cheap, it's freaky AUD$77 (SGD$100) for me.

so anyway, we reached the pier at 9am (or 8am i forgotten) sharp and was about to board the train when we were asked to take a photo with another group (they thought we were from the same group because we are all asians).

during the whole trip, i've tried my ultimate best to spot a dolphin but epic fail. i spend AUD$77 and all i can see is waves and waves. -___-

then afterwhich we experience the really exciting seawaves which made the boat goes up down up down and whoosh! funnnn! :D

then we reached and we went off to the toilet first, followed by damn. D.O.M.E. errrr, it's more expensiver (at least the chocolate drink is) but at least the food doesn't taste that salty this time round. phewww.

afterwhich we went off to rent the bikes. argghhhhh i have a love-hate relationship with the bikes.

the AUD$27 bikes comes with neither bicycle peddle stop NOR baskets. (aparantly we came too late) and the mountain bikes sucks like mad (okay, maybe i should subsititue the "mountain bikes" with "rider").

anyway, when i first got the bike i got so excited and all i can think of is zoom flyyyy!! but anyway, just 3 mins after leaving the bike store, my junior's bike experience problem so we had to go back to fix the problem)

oh, speaking of which!
the island sells the cheapest mineral water!
1.5 litres is only AUD $3.60!
but other than that, everything there is expensiver.

so off we begin riding.

Photobucket

the roads are uhm maybe not as bad as pulau ubin but grrrr i just can't ride up. and i've listed down a few reasons:

(1) the bikes seriously CMI
(2) my phyiscal fitness seriously CMI
(3) i have too many things on my handle and my back (remember moment of force in physic?)

Photobucket

Photobucket

the angmohs are susposed to be way behind me but in the end -____- i was so damn way behind them climbing up grrrrr.

Photobucket

and at this moment i was like super mad over the bikes and me and everything i guess?

like in my mind i was like
"grrrr, why i never chose the right bike?"

"grrrrr, why i always forget to double check?"

"grrr, stupid bike store cheat my money. walao. AUD$27 even worst than the SGD$5 bike in pulau ubin"

"grrrrrr, damn, i should have headed my junior's advice and take the bus.... but wait, if i take bus i will miss out the whole purpose of getting closer to the nature"
-- then it reminds me of frementle which i die die also want to go chocolate factory and then worst of all TIGER AIRWAY. zzzzzz.

Photobucket

niceeeeee right, but crap, i didn't have the spirit to even admire the scenery. ): as a result, there's a lot of nice photos that day cos my junior was in the right spirit to take a lot of photos (until our mood was switch)

Photobucket

woooh! but i still managed to take this. ^^
not bad la hor. hee hee.

Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

we didn't visit the "little armstrong bay" because i was feeling very guilty (plus if anything goes wrong, it will be my fault again) so i decided to just follow whatever my junior said and so we just give it a miss. ):

plus we might not have enough time and might miss the ferry back to perth.

Photobucket

errrrrr, it's called "pink water" (or something that got to do with pink).
i forgotten the whole thing already.
looks like snow right!!

Photobucket

i forgotten where i took this~~ oops.

Photobucket

then afterwhich we arrived here!!!
omg, i feel so like dipping in already cos i'm still feeling very crappy but grrr there's no toilet nearby. and oops, i auctally had the thought to change just behind the rocks but of course~ think only.
auctally i was trying to psycho myself to really do it and was even looking for the right rock at the right place but lol~ in the end fail!!

Photobucket

so since we couldn't swim we just dipped our leg inside.
the water is crystal clear and cold too! (but still can tahan la)

Photobucket Photobucket

the top which i got from frementle (freo) yesterday!
hee hee, i can't wait already so i wear it out today!!
and it's a must to wear helmet when you are cycling too, and i'm lazy to take it off, so... its going to be the first time (hopefully not the last) i wear a helmet to cycle!

Photobucket

niceeee right!! crap la, not taken by me i guess.

Photobucket
afterwhich we continued with the journey and o.m.g i spotted this!! wah this made the trip quite well worth (one of the reasons why i refused to take bus. because if i take the bus, i might miss this!)

anyway, i've googled and i found it's name!
it's called a Quokka!
kinda pronunce as guo (the fourth sound)-ke (ke ai de ke). - trust me on this la!!

Photobucket Photobucket

i kinda risk my food for this shot.

cos i had to put down my bike on the roadside and after i took this shot, it just run TOWARDS my bag (which is on the bike) and i was like "omg no, NOT my bag" then i tried to lift up my bike but it came pretty near my bike already and i was pretty scared so i stop my attempt to lift my bike looking really afraid and the quokka also stop!

then i shouted to my junior "heyyy help me" to my junior and my junior just shout back "what if it attack me?" -_______-

left with no choice, i told myself "nothing is going to happen, just smile at it, be friendly and be fast, worst come to worst just a few scratches. YES just a few scratches -___-" so i took up my bike and thanks god the cute quokka went back to his family under the tree.

oh! and then we saw the quokka under the tree (there's 3 quokka) bitting the quokka (which just returned back under the tree).
like ouchhh!
sayang sayang~~

junior: omg, why are they fighting?
me: (after 1 second when my mind stablized) hmmmm maybe because the mother feel very angry that the daddy didn't bring food for them to eat?

then super funny my junior acted out the whole conversation of the quokkas.
LOL.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

then we changed to our swimsuit over here because there's a toilet but sian. the water is too dirty already so we can't swim. ):

anyway, the female toilet here is like scary.
firstly the door can't be open, and then i saw a moniter lizard running into the cubicle.
wah i immediately run out without any further tries to open the door and then i went to the guy's toilet to change instead.

anyway, my bad mood was almost neutralized already by now (thanks to the cute quokkas, plus, cycling almost made me happy ^^) and the whole ride gets easier because

(1) when i'm happy, almost everything is possible.
(2) and earlier on, my junior changed the arrangement of my bike using the moment of force theory.
i was like "ya hor! why i didn't think of it earlier on?", "wait, how come i cycled to JP with a lot of things on the handle without any problem but over here, so many shit?"

but anyway, i didn't give much thoughts about it and just enjoy the rest of the trip :D

Photobucket

we had already cycled close to 3 hours (apparantly that is a miracle to my junior because he had never cycled for 30km before) and by now all my junior could say is "F.O.O.D". i keep laughing because he thought i couldn't hear him but i could hear it from far behind.

oh and in the beginning, my junior wanted to swim after cycling while i said i'm afraid i can't swim if i'm too tired from the cycling.
in the end?
I wanted to swim but my junior was too tired from the cycling -___-.
lol, i was pretty proud of myself for being so fit :P :P

then afterwhich we went to have food at D.O.M.E (i wasn't feeling hungry yet so i gave it a mis) and then we missed our ferry back to Perth!

we were walking like snail to our boat because we thought that the boat will leave later than the designated time and when the boat was leaving by a bit, we just look at it and i was thinking "errr, what is the crews doing? they couldn't be leaving". then apparantly, the gap between the ferry and the pier is getting bigger and only at then did we realised something is wrong.

me: errrr, is the ferry leaving?
junior: (after a while) ya i think so.
me: OMG. RUNNNNN!

but we started running too late so we miss the boat.

junior: auctally i'm not so nervous.
me: oh okay. i was thinking of renting the chalet here if we missed it and i could swim!! (the water is so tempting!!) plus, we had everything we needed (i brought my shampoos and even contact lenses solution!)

but anyway, we just tried our best to think of solutions to get back to Perth and we saw a ferry coming in just when the ferry(perth) left and when it dock, i did the questioning where this ferry is going. (amazing they could understand me and i can understand them)

so we took the ferry which goes to Frementle (which we went on Day 2) since we can easily take a train back to Perth, and we can go and see the sunset too!

oh! and then on the ferry, my sunburnt skin took effect.

it's like i touched it and then OUCH a little bit already.
i was like "YES. I GOT SUNBURNT" then i started patting my skin, ouch a little bit, giggle a little bit, then pat and ouch and giggle and repeat the whole thing again and again until my junior got pretty disgusted with it
(but when he kena sunburnt he also did the same thing like me).

then i realised my finger got sunburnt, as in err, the top of my fingers didn't get sunburnt. WHY? because i was holding the bike and the sun shone from my back. errr, it's hard to explain over here. ): but it's funny la!!! i swearr!!

then after a while, we saw the same group of people who we took photo with in the morning. they also didn't know they missed the train like us, and they were sitting on the 2nd level like us too! what to say? ---- FATED! :D
i find it very amazing anyway!
like uhm, what are the chances of taking a photo together, missing the same boat and then taking the same boat?

so we took the ride back to freo (frementle in short form) and then we saw the ferry(Perth) stopping there too. so we asked if we can board the ferry and the crew said no inititally but after seeing my junior and me looking so pathenic and sad, they let us on the boat!! :D WHEEE AWESOME!! (and the weather is freezing cold already i don't mind skipping the sunset thingy)

so in the ferry, i just slept all the way to Perth. and when we alighted, the weather is.

O.M.G MAD COLDDDD!!
i can't help but shiver when i'm talking.
it's like when i say "omg" i will say "O O O MY MY MYMMY GODGODOGDOGOD."

Photobucket

so when i was in the midst of shivering i saw this and i knew i had to take this! :)
i pretty much dote this photo too! :D
better still when it's in black and white :D
(i had one in black and white!)

thanks god when we were halfway reaching the bus stop, my junior gave me his jacket (i didn't expect today to be this cold so i didn't bring mine out!).

oh and then we ran THREE bus stop just to catch the bus (tsk tsk, i almost forget this!) back to the hotel to change first. cos we smelt so salty right now and i feel so dirty even thought i taste salty delicious (heh, i can't help but lick my finger because it's so yummy!)

Photobucket Photobucket

that's what i meant by i can see the lake from my room. :)
in the morning you can spot seagulls flying by or a batch of cyclists cycling
(that's what i saw this yesterday's morning!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and then we are able to see the houses over there also! my junior was feeling very sad about not going to see the sunset because he's pretty sure the sunset is going to be amazing! (all i know is the sunset is going to be freezing cold!)

so afterwhich we decided to head off to NorthBridge for dinner because we really miss Chinese food!! we can't survive without RICE at all. and since my junior didn't know the way to NorthBridge, we decided to cap there ): walking there would be fun and i would love to try it out but naaah, once i think of the tigerairway tickets, i just shut my mouth and just go okay okay.

plus i'm really hungry too and i've never taken a cab at there before :D
and i tried to remembered the routes but there's too many turns and twists so i can't remember

(speaking of which! CRAP, I think that driver made the routes longer. there shouldn't be so many twist and turn because our hotel is auctally pretty near to NorthBridge!! it's more like straight straight turn! not turn turn turn and turn)

but no choice. ): we do not know the routes.

Photobucket

it's only 7 plus to 8pm but it looks like 10 plus~

Photobucket

originaly i wanted the buildings to be intact and the lights to make lines but failure! but errr, this isn't that bad also la~~

so in the end we settled on this resturant because my junior can't take buffets. (i was eyeing the buffet at the another buffet. I LOVE BUFFETS!)

Photobucket

the arrangment is somehow similar to Singapore.
errr, just to let you know. :D :D
plus i've always loved to take photos of the places i dined in!

Photobucket

Photobucket

this soup is small, expensive but niceeee!!!!!!
it taste like shark fins!! :D :D

Photobucket

once i tasted the chicken, my first reaction is "OMG NICE" but errr my junior don't find it nice but neverthless ATE so many pieces of it.

and the rice is nice too! i keep refilling my bowl because i'm too hungry and it's too nice. if it's terrible.. i rather starve myself. :P

and this meal is $25 ++ per person. not bad la, at least the food standard is GOOD. ^^


older post ---->

No comments: