Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 5 of Taiwan Trip - Flora Exhibition


Hee hee, moved hotel to City Inn Hotel today and went to the Flora Exhibtion which I have been demanding to go ever since I saw it on the news and I didn't regret demanding to go there because I love the time there, well, perhaps not all of it, but most of it. :)

we woke up really late again (okay la, me again lor hehe) and we reached Yuanshan stop only in the afternoon, and we had a simple lunch at a small shop which is fabulous. yes, I had a really really good lunch there, which I'm still missing now.. the Yuanshan Cold Noodles. 

I didn't expect it to be that good, so I didn't even bother taking a photo of it, man, I totally regretted ok!! I didn't really want to lunch there initially because it looks so unappetizing, but phew, heng I didn't make any comments this time round and just went ahead to having lunch inside there with ShiYun and Lee Woon, if I made any comments, I believe we might not have a chance to eat this and damnnnn wouldn't this be a waste?!?!?!

Our lunch costs us NT 99 individually, and other than the cold noodles itself, it also includes sausage (super awesome also!!) and a cup of apple vinegar drink (quite gross actually, but it is so damn good in aiding our digestion that Lee Woon and I had to make a run for a toilet when we were inside the exhibition)

Photobucket

outside the Flora Exhibtion which is NT200 because we get to enjoy discounts using their "ezlink card", we brought the ez link cards yesterday if I didn't remember wrongly. ): hee, bad memory of mine!

Photobucket

what a sight!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

from far, the flowers looked like butterflies on the flowers, amazinggg!

Photobucket

Photobucket

i was taking a photo of this little boy when his dad saw it and paused for me to take a photo. :) friendly taiwan people!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

my shoes which accompanied me throughout the whole trip and didn't make it back to Singapore because it was so spoiled I left it in the hotel room during the last day i checked out. 

good pair of shoes, I thought it will give way during one of the days in Taiwan, but nooo, it last all the way until the last day. :) New Look FTW. :D

Photobucket


Photobucket   Photobucket

with the embassy of the flora exhibition. cute! :D

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

we went to the food fair within the Flora Exhibition premise and I brought eggs tarts and chocolate milk tea! :D :D afterwhich we went to grab a seat and enjoy our time there. :) really love the time spent there. ^^

Photobucket

saw this little boy trying to walk and without much thought, I went up to his grandfather and ask if I can take a photo of him, the old man agreed without hesitation and even help me. :>

Photobucket

we name this little boy as 忧郁王子.

the best part was he change his expression almost instantly. when his parents ask him to look into the camera, he smile like awww, then when the photo is taken, he immediately frown. HAHAHA.

then when he leaves he actually diao me despite me acting like his age lorand desperately saying HI HELLO, hard to describe the whole scenario but that leaves us laughing and laughing for a few minutes and we couldn't stop laughing every time we were talking of him!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

some of the random flowers taken whole we are enjoying our time. :)

after finishing the drink, I were still really reluctant to leave the place! but ): we had to, and we head off to the next point in the exhibition.

Photobucket

we saw this unique walkway which we had no idea where it will lead us to.

Photobucket

reaching the entrance of the little hut! it started drizzling at then, so i have to keep my camera already. ): i hate rain!

Photobucket


Photobucket

inside the hut..

Photobucket

he he, i was actually pointing to the top because..

Photobucket

yesss , the top was really unique! :)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

he he, this is one exclusive unique artistic photograph because we don't know what we are doing LOL.

Photobucket


Photobucket

then we left the hut which looks like the above.

next we went around and saw a lot of displays put up by different countries. And I have to say, the display by Singapore was really lousy to the max. -.-

Below is some examples:

Photobucket

this is Thailand, pretty obvious, no?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't realise this was for Japan until much later. I thought this was auctally for the AIDs patient because of the ribbons. haha. The display by Japan was really good, but uhm, no photos because all the photos I took didn't show how good it is.

next up: Hong Kong!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket







Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

forgotten what are those countries already he he. Then we proceed to the next stop and rest for a while and the rain stopped whilst resting. ^^ not much photos taken after that because it is already dark time.

Photobucket

we proceed further down and it started drizzling and dark too, so we went back to the main place where we can catch a train. we went to have dinner in the food fair and it was good, but no photos. ):

after dinner, we went to queue up for a tour guide trip in this unqiue building which is build using bottles. looks really awesome but inside is pretty boring he he.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

so, we ended the flora exhibtion trip and had chicken chop again at the Taipei MRT Main station! doesn't taste as good as the ones we had the previous days which we brought just right beside See You Hotel.

Photobucket   Photobucket 

Photobucket

Slept really late today again. LOL, on facebook again. -.- he he he. heading off to beitou tomorrow and yes, we have to switch hotels tomorrow again LOL!

2 comments:

woon said...

i think the yellow ribbon is more likely pray for the japan earthquake, tsunami. where got AIDs campaign in sudden at flora expo somemore lol

Singyi said...

i was thinking about that too, like LOL, why so random, but didn't give much thought to it cos i thought they wanted to do a part for AIDs or whatever. :p

then after that I realised it was for Japan LOLLLL.