Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 7 of Taiwan Trip - Shih Lin Night Market

Woke up close to afternoon once again :p the weather today was very warm, it's so totally felt like we were in Singapore. love such weather. :D cos I get to wear tank tops and shorts and stockings! ^^ but not to Lee Woon, who prefer the cold weather haha.

but I didn't expect the weather today to be so warm, so I worn two layers of stockings, one thick and one sheer stockings, and shirt, only to realise it was so hot after I stepped out of the hotel, so after reaching the Beitou museum, I immediately went to the toilet and took off the thick stockings but cos I didn't bring another set of clothes, I had to wear my shirt for the day. 
 
inside the Beitou Hot Spring museum..

Photobucket

an miniature display of the Beitou hot spring museum.

Photobucket

tried an most daring act in my life today and eh, as it is only for my own collection, i shouldn't show it here. courage courage courage. ^^
 
after finish touring the museum, we set off to the Thermal Valley and also Beitou Ramen family resturant to have a try of the famous Ramen! :D

Photobucket

it was so hot, a ice cream would be perfect! :D
 
the little boy below is cuter than he seems in this photo i swear! okay lor, blame my poor photography skill la. ;( he he he, I asked the little boy's mum if I can take a photo of him, and his mum went "Huh? what's there to take?"
 
hahaha, but she allowed me to take a photo of him la. ^^

Photobucket

walking towards the Beitou Hot Spring Ramen store, love the photo below. :)

Photobucket



Photobucket

and within minutes, we reached and was greeted by the long queue! there were at least 30 people in the queue. We decided to queue anyway because we are here already~ :)

Photobucket


the plastic bag which contains our barang barang from the supermarket last night.



Photobucket    Photobucket


while queueing, we had nothing much to do, so we took photos! :D loved the set of photos we took. ^^



Photobucket    Photobucket

after waiting for quite some time, it was finally our turn! :) luckily the restaurant was air conditioned, if not.. o.m.g

Photobucket

the toufu which tastes really good!! I had such a hard time controlling myself to stop digging continuously because we were sharing the toufu. if we had toufu individually, i think i would have finished it in no time!

Photobucket

the hot spring egg which tastes rather funny, heh, perhaps it's because i'm not used to it. :)

Photobucket

a close up version of the hot spring egg.

Photobucket

me with my ramen! :D :D :D :D :D *insert infinity happy emotions*

Photobucket

this ramen tasted the best to me, although both Lee Woon and Shiyun agreed that there's isn't really anything special about this ramen, but but but, it was so delicious to me I actually got hooked to ramen after trying this!


Photobucket

yummy yummy yummy x infinity! :D
 
after finishing our lunch, there was this bubble tea concept store beside the ramen store and it look so peaceful i would love to spend some time there, but the buble tea were so expensive it wouldn't be worth.

Photobucket

so we continued to walk to the thermal valley...

Photobucket



Photobucket   Photobucket

he he, me acting like a old school student. :D the two bags on the left belongs to me! one from the supermarket last night, and the another from NP Open House LOL!
 
the water from the waterfall were hot water which is 100 degree Celsius. after we reached the thermal valley, the first comment we gave was "wahhhh so hot!!!". like really, crazily hot. >< 
 
the water were boiling water.. we joked about buying an egg and then cooking using the water and we will get our own DIY hot spring egg for close to free LOL hahaha.

Photobucket
 
we took the photos below with much difficulties because it was so hot and we had to act like "oh, it's so cool!" LOLLL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

after ending the trip to Thermal Valley, we saw a bubble tea shop again just at the foot of the valley and we brought it without much thought because we need something cold! had chocolate bubble tea again, but it wasn't really nice. :/
 
then we walked to the MRT station and took a train back to Taipei Main Station, and returned to our hotel to place our things down.

Photobucket

After placing our things down, we went off to Shih Lin Night Market! :D

Photobucket

our stockings! i changed to my newly brought gladiators platform sandals because I was afraid my shoes wouldn't last long. ):

Photobucket

reached Shih Lin Night Market! :D there were this group of people who were collecting donations for the victims of the Japan Tsunami.

Photobucket



Photobucket

people mountain people sea!!

Photobucket

tourist photo! ^^

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

this store was rather famous online too! I auctally brought online from them when I was just 17 (2007) hahaha. I remember wearing them to Far East with Peiyu when I just brought them. :D
 
brought top for my mum in this shop this time round!

Photobucket

one of the alleys which we went into. :D

Photobucket



Photobucket

it's been so long since I last tried this! the last time was when I was 8 years old in Paris Ris Fish pond, heh, an excursion organized by the student care centre I attended.
 
after that, we need the loo, so we went to the shopping mall acroos the road and LOL, i mistaken the directions given by the staff of the shopping mall. -.- hehehe. 
 
anyway, after we return to ShihLin, we brought JIPA again! :D :D this JIPA we brought this time round tastes good!!! thumbs up!!!

Photobucket

and then we saw a man selling off the newly borne puppies. 3 weeks only.. I remember one should be sausage dog, but the another one, i couldn't remember. ):

Photobucket

after that, we walked on and on and on and eventually we decided to have a short break in Starbucks, again, across the another street of the another end of Shih Lin. After the short break, we chiong again, and coincidentally chanced upon the famous 辛發亭冰品店 . We queue up for it, and heng-fully, the queue moved fast. :D
 
didn't see any chocolate related Mian Mian Bing, so tried Strawberry and honey aloe. I prefer the strawberry one. tastes sweeter ^^.
 
it was so good I actually hunt for something similar in SG, which is.. the store JIDECHI. :D well, although the ice wasn't as soft as the one in Shilin, but it was comparable! ^^

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

we continued walking and only left the place at 12mn. hehe, all the stores were going to close by then, but we managed to da bao the smelly toufu. ^^

Photobucket

saw this cute statue and i knew i had to take with it! :D
 
then then then, we actually got lost, so we asked the staff in one of their convenience shop who directed us to the nearest station at then. we had to walk really fast because we might miss the last train, which, phew, heng-fully, we didn't! :D
 
after reaching Taipei Main station, we sat by the stairs of the station and ate our smelly toufu, hmmm, it does stink, but it wasn't really nice. :/ oh well!

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
then we got back to our hotel and LOL, watched the HiPlay (or was it another name?) which couldn't be found in SG. heeeeee hahaha. koreans are never this funny before! :p

last second day tomorrow!

No comments: