Tuesday, March 15, 2011

食尚晚家 - 样样吃,天天迟 Day 2!

Day 2 of Taiwan trip! hee, Shiyun and I had a hard time waking up (lee woon woke up first!) because Shiyun kept using the toilet, and I can't sleep due to noise pollution! LOLLLLLL heh. I keep lying on the bed, always on the "about to be dozing off" mode until I don't know what time before I really finally doze off and filtered out every noise that I might have hear.

I think we woke up at 8? heh, couldn't remember the time we woke up already but we managed to go for the breakfast at KFC! eh, the first and only time we managed to have breakfast in Taiwan. the other days we woke up too late/no breakfast were provided.


Photobucket

the breakfast i had.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

after breakfast, we walked to the bus stop just behind the Taipei Main Station to take bus 260, walk for about 10 minutes. (for the first time, Google map info was correct)





 

Photobucket

the bus stops is pretty obvious, and the bus frequency is short! :D

Photobucket


Photobucket

the bus ticket. looks like a temple lot to me though :p
 
speaking of which, I haven't went to the temple yet this year for a lot! ): heeheee, i'm pretty addicted to drawing lots in temple.

Photobucket

interior of the bus we took to Yang Ming Shan.
 
after a while, I can't help but doze off because the bus was comfortable to sleep in and cos of lack of sleep last night :p
 
so we sat all the way to the end of the station and when we got out, it was soooo cold and it's drizzing. LOL the first thing we did was to buy raincoat and I had to buy one because i can't afford to let the rain drop touch my lens! 

Photobucket
 
lol i don't think Lee Woon will want her face to be shown here, so... :p
the wind was very strong, and everything there's a breeze we will go brrrrrr.
 
anyway, we were waiting for this bus 108 which will takes us up to Yang Ming Shan.
(the previous bus we took from Taipei Main Station only reaches the bottom of Yang Ming Shan)

After the bus arrived and we got onto it, I didn't took off my raincoat, lol, too troublesome to do so. :p 

Photobucket

the view outside, this wasn't that misty as compared to the view when the bus went even higher up the mountain.

Photobucket


Photobucket
 


so, we alighted here, yes, the first stop and we alight because everyone alight, the very silly decision I've made.

it was drizzling and the wind was stronger than it is before we got onto the bus. I was totally chui because I was wearing only a uhm 3/4 pants? chui max! that was the longest bottom i bought for the trip, i didn't expect it to be that cold!





 
I was like "please, how cold can Taiwan be. Last year in Perth I survived in shorts, taiwan HEH!" -.- totally regret already lol.

anyway, since we alighted, we decided to walk around briefly. briefly yes, we did. lol, we walked to the toilet, and then we buai tahan already, so we went back to the bus stop and waited for the bus.
 
Photobucket
 
the toilet which I couldn't even stand close to it because it smells!

Photobucket
 
lol, my lens kind of stand out because I didn't have the time to even put in my bag. -.-



okay, the scene of waiting in the bus stop freezing sounds familiar to me now, lol, especially when I'm writing right now, cos I've experienced it before last year in Perth too. chui max. 
 
shivering and shivering, and wishing that the damn wind would just stop going "hoo hoo hoo hoo"OLD HOW TO SMILE!!!!

anyway, the bus came and we board it, had no seats. ): so we had to stand on it and bear with the turning of the bus. like standing up in a roller coaster ride that exciting and giddy lor.




Photobucket

anyway, we took one full round around Yang Ming Shan because bus 108 only drives in a direction. and it was so misty outside we couldn't see anything. 
 
heee, quite exciting auctally, now to think of it (especially when I returned home safety he he) especially when the bus was driving really fast, and then there's a oncoming car which we can see only when it's like less than 100m towards us. or when the bus is turning and beside the bus is a very steep slope. 
 
at that point of time, scary > exciting, now to think of it exciting > scary.

so after we returned to the bottom of Yang Ming Shan, we board the bus 260 and slept a while before we alighted for Jiantan MRT Station instead of Taipei Main Station where we board the bus.

Photobucket
 
brought their IC token, which is in the shape of a coin, the way it works:
 
Entering the station : tap the coin against the "entry" gate like how our ezlink works.
Leaving the station: drop the coin in the drop box located at the "exit" gate.
i think this trip costs us NT$20 as we are traveling to City Hall station for Taipei 101!

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
cute Lee Woon and her outfit of the day! okay la, the main agenda of this photo is to illustrate the interior of the MRT Station.

Photobucket

what i wear for that day that make me go brrrr up in Yang Ming Shan.

Photobucket
 
lol the first time I saw this line name, I laughed and then realised it's not banana line but bannan line. typically mind of me to interpret the word before even reading it.
 
but it really looks like "banana" line lor.

Photobucket

very very not easy to find a seat. I was expecting seats auctally, but nooo, i was so crowd, just like in Singapore. ):
 
but if I were >65 (maybe i just need white hair + a lot of wrinkles hehe), I would have seats everywhere I go because they have the elderly seats for elderly and no one sits on it no matter how pack the train is, it's called the 博爱座.
 
so, after quite a while (definitely not just a while) , we reached city hall and we walked to the shopping mall which is attached to the mrt station, just like S'pore City Hall station and Marina Square, and have our lunch there and explore there a little bit.

Photobucket

my childhood favourite! Peter Rabbit!
 
so we walked around the shopping mall, and we couldn't find a place we really would like to have lunch at, so we decided to have lunch at this Chinese restaurant at the basement. not really really very fantastic, but their siew mai is OMG marvelous!
 
and then their waitresses have really good service lol. I think they must be thinking we are some kind of food critices blogger or whatever LOL, cos before eating, we keep taking photos, and after we finish our dishes and is still waiting for the next dish,we keep taking down notes (okay la, actually we are counting how much the food is LOL)

or maybe they know we are from SG and we look like that type of customer who is willing to splurge on food. so they serve us like we are princess and then we will spend spend spend. :p

Photobucket

I had wanton mee, not very nice. but very hungry so i finished it all up. okay lor, quite obvious we are pretty hungry already.

Photobucket

 i think this is the xiao long bao, not very nice also lol. then while eating, I keep telling Lee Woon "Be careful, no no no no, don't like that take, must use spoon also!! if not the soup will spill" blah blah blah hehehe.

after lunch, we went to Taipei 101 on foot! as we don't know the right direction to go, we trail the couple in front of us because I heard them say "Taipei 101" and decided to just follow behind them, but when we got out of the underground, we lost them and left with no choice, we had to ask directions, which we did, from this auntie who is working in a shoppng mall (the shopping mall is in between the underground and Taipei 101)

我:大姐,请问怎么去北京。。台北101? (lol, about to say beijing 101, the hair treatment centre LOL)

ahhahaa, yeaaa i called her DAJIE instead of auntie LOL LOL LOL. so she gave us direction and we walked towards the exit of the shopping mall, and wheee heee TAIPEI 101 was just in front of us! like whooo!
 
Photobucket
 
Photobucket  Photobucket
 
behind the scene is...
 


Photobucket  

and behind the scene is ...


LOL! damn cute, the way lee woon lies down. :p



anyway, then as we were waiting for the traffic light to blink green, I saw the trees and were inspired to take a photo like the indian MV. -.- failed much.

Photobucket



hee, at the traffic light, I saw this couple, faster snap snap, lol. plus this image, heeeee, looks good lol! i tried to take the photos of the oncoming traffic and random snapshot of the drivers and etc, but all failed terribly! ):




Photobucket

170m away from us only, and i think the traffic light is already 30m already lor!

Photobucket

Photobucket

heeeeee, then we finally crossed the traffic light and I saw those chess pieces, and heh, inspired to take photo of it!

Photobucket
 
then we went into Taipei 101 and brought the tickets! we should have gone for the flora exhibition first because with the ticket, we can get 20% or 10% off the tickets to taipei 101 observatory! ): NT400 is like SGD$20.
 
but since we are here already, we decided to get it anyway because it's not worth it to come again the another time. sigh, and due to the weather, we couldn't go to the exterior of the observatory too. ):

Photobucket

and before we took the lift up (which took us to floor 99 within 30 sec) we had to take photo (like usual for tourist place). and then when we went to see the photo, the person really bullshit all the way. 
 
"Wah not bad, this photo manages to capture the three of you!" 
"very creative shot, one cover her eyes" 
-_______________-

tell me what is the use of your camera if it can't capture the three of us!? bullshit right? LOL. when he was telling that to us, we were like orh orh right right. then when we leave (without buying the photo of course), the first thing i got off my chest was "废话!"
 
anyway, the view of the whole Taipei 101 wasn't amazing nor fantasizing because of he mist. ): like what i see in Shanghai last month, mist mist mist everywhere in the Orient Pearl.

Photobucket


Photobucket

taking a group photo with the symbol of 101 i think.

Photobucket

so damn cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

lol, the statue is damn nice to hug leh. 
the width of it's tummy is just nice for my hand. :p

Photobucket

according to shiyun, this is the gyro (should be gyro because it's what that keeps a airplane stable) which makes taipei 101 immure to earth quake.

Photobucket  Photobucket


Photobucket
 
that photo earlier was blurred, so i requested anothe one! 
hehe, okay la, just an excuse to hug this little babe again. :p

Photobucket


Photobucket

then we proceed down to another floor, the sales floor.

Photobucket
 
this is like a short path which will eventually led us to the shop where they will sell sovienir. didn't buy anything and then we went off!
 
then on Level 1, we went to ask directions on how to go to WuFenPu, and then there's this sales assistant who asked Shiyun and me if we want to try the free eye masks, obviously we say yes, and she's smart, she say, she will tell us how to go Wu Fen Pu after we try the eye masks. no harm what, so okay, let's try.
 
we tried and it was really good, and the sales assistance introudced us another product which Lee Woon & Shiyun was about to buy but in the end they didn't, because it wasn't the price they thought it was. With that, we took our free masks (LOL) and left to take the shuttle bus from Taipei 101 to City Hall interchange.
 
the shuttle bus was crowd to the max, and there's this empty seat and no one wants to sit on it because it's for the elderly, but the thing is, there's no elderly in the bus! grrr, if I were nearer to the seat, i would have gone for it.
 
so we reached the interchange and sat to 后山埤 (Hou Shan Pi) station, and then successfully reached WuFenPu without much difficulty. We reached at around 6pm and walked all the way to about 11pm. 5 hours, and we were just done with like 3 alleys?! mad lots of things to shop.
 
I still can't believe I lost control of myself over there. I spent like NT $2000 just in that few hours! -.- leggings, jeggings (2 for $25, so cheap!!), suspender shorts ($7.50 LOL) , tee shirts ($10) , tank tops (lol, i brought 4 tank top, 2 dark blue, 1 black, 1 white, $20), winter coat ($25/$30), gladiator platform shoes ($12.50), i think that's about all? Heee hee. and that's about SGD$100 --> NT $2000.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

pug pug pug! I would have mistaken this as french bulldog if my colleague in the video shop didnt pointed out to me that the dog in "Due Date" isn't a bulldog.
 
LOL, and I was so damn scare it would drop out and come towards me even though I keep saying cute cute cute. LOL, just like what I always do in Ellin's house. Damn scare when brise always come dashing towards me when I'm about to enter her house. but hor, after a while, brise will be scare of me LOL.

Photobucket

my all time favourites - platform shoes! for this, I'm graceful I'm just 162cm, hehehe. I'm more than qualify to wear platform shoes he he!

Photobucket

our dinner were just.. chicken chop for that day! LOL, couldn't find a restaurant to have dinner at and no mood to find also because all we had in our mind is shop shop shop. poor lee woon! :p

and then we wanted to buy tickets for Saturday to travel to Alishan only to realise all tickets have been booked, so there's no way we can go there. ): luckily I haven't make any deposit for the hotel in Alishan if not ): ): 

so we got back to the hotel and we kept searching for a ideal hotel, which we did, it's at Beitou! :)

2 comments:

woon said...

this is where i had by first ji pa.
i ate pasar malam ji pa yesterday, which used to my favourite, but i realised that it cant compare with the taiwan ji pa. kind of pity we dont get to eat the crispy smelly tofu, my mind is all about taiwan food now

Singyi said...

ha ha, yes, this is better than what I thought!! but I prefer the one near SeeYou Hotel that one. :D

so omg awesome, but bad thing is got bone. ): no wonder they don't the cutting service *snip snap hehehe*
oops, too pampered liao me. :p

yes, such a pity we didn't get to eat it.. there's so much more we didn't get to eat, but then eh, very hard to find food over there also? or maybe we planned wrongly? damn, should have went to Shida, I heard that there's a lot of guys stuff, so I skipped that, then that day I watched this program which show all the good food in Shida.. wth, totally regretted liao!!!! ):

but it's okay, at least I get to try beitou ramen, cold noodles and awesome jipa!! :) And also tried the aiyu, "long" type of frog lay egg. :D