Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 6 of Taiwan Trip - Beitou!

heeee, finally done with editing the photos for Day 6. Not much photos auctally..
 
We had to change hotel again today! Luckily for us, the staff in City Inn allowed us to leave our luggage with them for one night so we get to travel to Beitou with nothing much in our hand other than the necessary clothing and bathing set.
 
We were on the train heading towards Beitou when we saw this shop that screams "Buffet buffet". he he, and then the three of us were so tempted we decided to get off at that station (i forgotten the station's name already though :| ) and we had buffet for lunch!
 
well... price wise, it's considered pretty expensive, around $20 if i didn't remember wrongly, and the varieties weren't as much as initially thought? but still, worth it because I had a try at pig blood! :p and this reminds me i might have actually ate pig blood before because it was so familiar to me, the looks but maybe not the taste. it tastes just like toufu, definitely not as nice as how i heard it!
 
ps: after I got back to SG, i asked my parents and they confirm with me I ate pig blood before, when I was really really really young.

Photobucket


 
saw the metal hole right in the center, behind my specs? heh, that was the rubbish bin, and the three of us agree it's a very innovative rubbish bin, and is extremely useful, especially to lee woon, who always anyhow throw her tissue around. :D

Photobucket

 
lee woon and the taiwan "yakault" (or is it milk..?)

Photobucket

 
pardon my set of bunny teeth, but i like this photo because my bunny teeth is extremely hilarious!


Photobucket

 
the pig blood which looks really familiar to me, but doesn't taste familiar!


Photobucket

 
love the agony expression this i-don't-know-what-is-it is showing. xD
 




after finishing the buffet, we continued with our journey again to Beitou!


Photobucket

 
traffic light outside the buffet restaurant. :D
 
so, we took train all the way to Beitou, and then changed train to get to Xin Beitou, which is only a 1 stop service.. it's like alighting at Tenah Merah and then stopping at Changi Airport (only difference is there's 2 stops - Singapore Expo and Changi Airport)

Photobucket

 
the XinBeitou train was really.. well decorated! even the interior was like WOW WOW WOW, even had a LCD television which shows the same old video over and over again. oh! and even the seats were unique, but i didn't take a photo of it..


Photobucket

reached XinBeitou! 
 
firstly, we had to find our hotel first!




Photobucket

Photobucket

 
found our hotel, which is actually right in the center of the photo. :D looks grand! ^^
and apparently, the staffs kept calling me but because my hand-phone was in the no-battery status (forgotten to bring charger to TW -.-)  they couldn't reach me.


Photobucket


Photobucket

posing in front of our hotel of the night. looking good! :D


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the water were not your ordinary water, they were minerals that runs directly from the mountain top. :D spring water!


Photobucket

so after going into the hotel, we were notified that our hotel room were taken up by someone else, so they had to clear our room first before we can use it. 
 
we were asked to have a seat at the counter level, and it was at then when i had a stomachache and had to run for the toilet. 
 
Without much thoughts, I dashed for the toilet once I reached the first level and it was only after I finished unloading everything in my stomach that I realised the toilet flush wasn't working AT ALL. -.- 
 
Just when I was still worrying what to do.. Lee Woon knocked on the door and informed me the toilet flush wasn't working. I was like oh dear, shit! and the toilet was so smelly and the water level in the toilet bowl was like err.. :/ :/
 
left without choice, I opened the door and I was so paiseh!! the lady staff looked at me in disbelief, oops. >< then she immediately led us to our room, after I made an explanation and apology. 
 
I related that to my colleague in Rida after I returned to SG and my colleague was like "it wasn't your fault what, they should have left a sign in front of the door or something"

Photobucket

the walkway to our room! we rotted in our room for a very long time before we went out to soak our leg in the hot spring. Didn't bring my DSLR out because I was afraid of all the negative possibilities that might come true. 
 
photos taken using Lee Woon's phone.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

after soaking we went to walk around the town. :) had chocolate bubble tea again! :D :D initally wanted to try 波霸 but it was all out of stock, so I changed it to the long shape one. LOL LOL LOL, which i name it as the 长型波霸。:p  shouldn't elaborate more he he.

Photobucket

he he, 长型波霸.
 
we also had a try at the scratch card. Saw this lady beside us who actually won! but we had no luck. >< the card which we were playing has two set of numbers, and to win, the first set of numbers (on the left) had to bigger than the second set of number. (on the right)

Photobucket



Photobucket

brought my handphone charger too, which I didn't take a photo of. we wanted to shop the supermarket too but decided to do so after we finished the hot spring which will be closing by 10pm.
 
getting ready for the hot spring! :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
 
the hot spring water was 45 degree and I had much difficulties getting down. Prior to getting down to the water, I took 5 minutes to adjust to what I'm seeing, then I took another 15 minutes to deal with the taking off of all clothes because I was so nervous and surprised by what I saw, I can't stop giggling.
 
And then I took another 15 minutes to adjust to the temperature of the water which made me dizzy shortly after I managed to get myself soaked in it. Shiyun took a while more than me to adjust to the temperature and the environment while Lee Woon took forever to adjust to both, in the end, she decided to soak herself in the cold spring, which I couldn't tahan, it's so cold! :p 

after finishing the hot spring, we tried on the work out machine (ahem, just like what you see in the gym, machines not toys please hahahaha) and then we went back to our room to bath. while Shiyun was bathing, I was acutally snatching the ground mattress with Lee Woon, LOL, heh, force her to sleep on the bed. :P
 
after bathing, we went out to the supermarket and shop till 1am i think, ): totally forgotten about the super moon!!
 
while walking back to the hotel, I brought 2 sandwiches from the old man who is still selling sandwiches at this wee hours, and i brought them and fed a dog which looks hungry. I know it looks damn bad, i mean, buying bread from an old man and then feeding the dog with the bread right in front of him. 
another guy stopped me because the dog had an owner, so i can save the bread, which I did. and then while passing by the garden, I saw this old lady who was picking up trashes and surrounding her were stray dogs, so I approached her and asked her to distribute the breads to the dogs, which she didn't, as she hadn't eaten yet, so she kept the bread for herself. :) 

with that, we continued our way back to the hotel.
 
after we got back to our hotel, we drank the alcoholic drinks we brought, quite tasty! :D :D and then off to bed we went! :D

Photobucket

what that I brought! :D 
 
instant noodles, chewing gum for my sis, apples, seaweed, alcoholic drink (5% alcohol only)

No comments: