Tuesday, August 03, 2010

AVDP Presentation


Photobucket

Above credited to Din




So when Din took this photo and show me this photo, telling me how nice it was, I didn't believed it. Or rather, I was about to say "because the model is nice" but I just gulped that down anyway , instead I dismissed it as "where got nice?". but now looking closely.. yup, i think it is nice. but no, it's not good enough to be my facebook profile picture. shit, i need to change my facebook profile picture really soon.


Today was the day I dreaded (I guess that applies to most of my classmates) - AVDP presentation. I felt demoralized when Mr Ong pointed out the fatal error in my slide, which is the calculation which I came up with. It was, apparently, very wrong. That made me sulk for quite a while when I got back to class. But after awhile, I stopped sulking and i felt relieved. Relieved because everything is finally over. It's like I unloaded a extremely heavy load which has been pressing on me for so long. So relieved I don't feel like watching cartoons because I don't need anything to cheer me up. I'm happy all by myself. I started to act really crazy, and amusing myself from time to time.

Other than that, I can't believe I woke up at 6:30am when I turned in only at 4:30am yesterday. Cedric was the first to arrive, so we started doing what we can do while waiting for Fazlee and Jian Wei. When they turned up, suddenly they realized their circuit board is not working. So Jian Wei started scolding vulgarities, Fazlee keep asking "why couldn't it work" and Cedric face just turned darker. I was panicing internally, but I kept telling myself "don't lose my calm. stay calm. things will work out" and it did!

The whole circuit works, and then failed again when I used crocodile clips. I was so worried when I troubleshoot my own circuit. After half an hour of troubleshoot, I finally realized the problem lies with the crocodile clip. It was spoil! That's the reason why the DMM couldn't sense any voltage. Initially I thought the IC chip is spoil, but nope it wasn't, then I tested the voltage across the power on my circuit, no voltage. I don't see a reason why my circuit would spoil. That's why I doubt it might actually be the crocodile clip. And indeed it was. I was so glad I actually managed to find out the problem. I wondered if I can actually find the problem if I lose my calmness..

No comments: