Monday, July 19, 2010

Despicable Me

Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket

After school, I head off to Cathy with Siti and Satish because Cathy is giving out 2 free movie passes + 1 popcorn + 1 drink for every coupon from Straits Tim/Today presented. And being extremely cheapskate, I actually run all the way to Cheers from my classroom just to buy Straits Time which was out of stock already then I found Today. Awesome! It means we don't have to spend money to get the tickets!


But when we got down to The Cathy, all the shows that we wanted to watch were booked out. ARGH!! so we got out of the queue, feeling rather disappointed, then I suddenly have this very smart idea. seriously smart!! I suggest taking any show, we will throw the tickets away and just get the popcorns + drinks! so we queue up again, but the tickets were all sold out by the time we were at the counter. it's like we said we wanted this movie which is only selling fast, then the person clicked on his computer and realised it's all sold out, then we hurried to pick another, but the same scenario happened again! we were just 1 minute late, or if I actually thought of that idea before we left the queue, we could have gotten 3 drinks + 3 popcorns!!

but all is not lost, the person in the counter told us he had only two tickets, and that's the only two, so we just took it and exchange it for 1 drink + 1 popcorn.

After that, we decided to catch a movie in Golden Village in Plaza Singapura. We watched Despicable Me in 3D! I was very very reluctant to watch it in 3D but Inception/Despicable Me non-3D were full/too late and Siti already watched Toy Story 3 so we watched it in 3D.

The last time I watched a 3D movie was last year - Ice Age 3. Since then, I've never been really interested in paying an additional $5 to watch a 3D format. But Despicable Me in 3D is good! Especially there's this part when the kids asked Gru to bring them to the fun fair and they were on the roller coaster ride. I felt like I was on the ride itself! My heart actually skipped a beat when the roller coaster is taking a straight down. That was when I realized the money is worth! I like the movie itself because it's really really funny, the minions especially because they are really funny! There are seriously many funny scenes which I find it hard not to laugh at.

So before the show start, we went to have dinner in Long John Silver beside the MacDonald House. So as we were passing by MacDonald House, Satish asked if whether we knew what name is the building called, I replied without much thinking "Macdonald House". Apparently, every time he passed by there with his friends, they will be surprised that the building is called MacDonald House, and he didn't expect me to know that the building is actually called the MacDonald House. he he he he.

Did really a lot of gossip in Long John Silver when we were eating and I love juicy gossips! I wished the dinner could last longer because it was so fun, listening to gossip, discussing about gossips, sometimes playing colors on Satish. hahaha.

And after the movie, I actually saw Douglas. I was just looking randomly around when i saw this guy who looks like Douglas, but yet not like him. So for that few seconds, my mind was in a whirl thinking like "that looks like Douglas, but what if he's not?". in the end, on the escalator, I just gently tap him on his shoulder and he turned around and gave me that surprise look. For one moment, I was afraid that I recognize the wrong person but in my mind I was telling myself "at the very most I will just apologize for recognizing the wrong person". But I didn't, he is indeed Douglas. I'm surprised I actually recognize him even though the last time I saw him was before Year 2 end, which is a long 6 months ago.

time, time time, flies flies flies.

No comments: