Sunday, July 04, 2010

Hachiko a dog's story



This is extremely touching. I actually teared when the professor died and Hachi waited for him by the train station, day after day for 9 years, from running to the station to walking slowly to the station in the later years when he was getting older.

I teared the most when the dog was going to die. It was winter and that night, he had the urge to walk to the train station. So he got back to the spot where he always stood at and then he lied down on the floor and had these flashbacks of the days he had with the professor and then finally the train station's door opened and the professor walked out from the station, Hachi was very excited and ran up to his owner. Yup, the dog had died when he saw his owner.

I'm not going to watch again until a few years later. My heart still hurt whenever I think of the movie. This movie is extremely heart wrenching.

No comments: