Monday, July 12, 2010

It's ending

Photobucket

2 more weeks and we have to send our ADPV project for submission.
This two weeks are like sunset.
It's ending.


ADPV today was tiring. I spent my morning soldering and re-soldering the connectors and then afternoon in the workshop cutting and filing the acrylic pieces, enjoying every moment because i felt like I'm back in DNT again. Speaking of which, Fuhua's workshop is way better as compared to Np's one, or maybe just my division's workshop. Perhaps the workshop in the ME division is way much more equip with more machines.

The choices of materials are extremely limited. There's only two types of acrylic - black/transparent, thickness are 10mm fixed. And the types of wood - plywood, there's this other type of wood but I don't know what it is, it looks like man-made wood. There's no pine wood nor Jelutong wood.

The machines there are limited too. There's no buffer machine so I had to make do with file, bastard file if I'm not wrong. No wet sanding paper for finishing either, I guess I will have to buy from outside stores. I think I spent most of my time filing in the workshop just now. I hate filing, it has never been my thing since DNT days. But now.. i have only one choice. Imagine my dismay when I realized there's no buffer machine, I just went blank and asked "so how do i remove the unwanted parts .. oh my god, don't tell me filing." alright, I admit, I'm way too pampered by Fuhua's workshop ha ha.

I miss DNT, I miss doing the portfolio, thinking of designs, how to get it done, using the machines and imagining how the final product will look like when I'm doing. The sense of nostalgic is extremely strong right now. It feels like I just left Fuhua perhaps 1 year ago but in reality, it's been 3 years already.

I wish I could attend school for just one day. Rushing to school, listening to the national anthem, attending lessons without paying attention, driving my classmates crazy during recess because I ate the curry noodle too slow, driving them nuts again because I've barely started climbing the spiral staircase when they've almost reached the 2nd level, so many old time daily routine I miss.

I knew I will miss life in Fuhua one day eventually, and it's happening now. It means I will spend my years down the road feeling nostalgic about days in Fuhua, good.


2 comments:

YuLing said...

Oh dear, you know what? You made me have tears in my eyes. Days during sec sch it's just like it only happened not long ago. But not, 3years.....

Missed the days. And yes, i rmb when you ate so slow during recess time. HAHA! And the reaction you would give when walking up the staircases... I would nv forget it...

Ya, i think those nostalgic feeling would be with us till we're old(:

Singyi said...

yup, memories and nostalgic are a couple which cannot be divided into two i guess. ):