Thursday, July 01, 2010

New Blogskin!

Photobucket

I've decided to revamp my blog after I discovered Blogger's new template. The new template is really cool, there's are lots of backgrounds to choose from, and I'm happy with the layout of my blog and I have the "Older Post" and "Newer Post" link!

not to mention, the "Read More" button!



Okay, I've decided to have a tutorial to remind/teach myself how to make the same banner in the future when I lose/forgotten the banner!

1st: Selecting a image.

I picked this image which I took at Terminal 3 last Tuesday. :D
I used the magnetic lasso (L) with feather: 40px and select the part which i want.

Next I cut and paste into a new image (CTRL+N)
image is 1000px by 500px.

Photobucket

Step 2:
I went to Filter -->Artistic ---> Cutout

Photobucket

Step 3:
Googled the photo I want and paste it into Photoshop. I've used the Quick Selection Tool (W) to select the part I want first.

Photobucket

Step 4:
then I right click --> select inverse, and press delete to remove the unwanted parts.

Photobucket

Step 4:

I went to Filter -->Artistic ---> Dry Bush.

Photobucket

Step 5:

I made the opacity of the camera cap at 60% so it's partially translucent. :D

Photobucket

Step 6:

I wrote some very random paragraph and then drag it (see the black box) to make sure that it does not overlap my image.

Photobucket

Step 7:

I've tried to make the background much more colourful, so I select a new layer and use Brush to paint my background.

Photobucket

Step 8:
I've made the opacity cap at 30% and drag it just right below the text I've created.

Photobucket

Step 9:
Wrote my name on it.

Photobucket



4 comments:

YuLing said...

HEY HEY! No chatbox arh? hehe!
nice blg header that you had design..
not bad leh!!
LOL!!
You very good horx? still type out the steps. It's very useful for those who do not know how to do it. haha~

Singyi said...

heyyy!! ha ha, yap, I decided to do withot a cbox this time round. :D

ha ha ha, thanks for your praise!! lol, i doubt this is going to be very helpful actually. I'm just posting so that in the future shall i forget how to get to certain stage, i can refer back. things like this always happen to me. ):

YuLing said...

oh i see, but well, at least still can leave some comments la.. hehe!

welcome welcome! (:

Singyi said...

ha ha yup. now my blog works totally like livejournal. :D